IoT is the network system in which devices, sensors and software can be connected to each other and to larger systems. These devices can also be accessed via a smartphone or computer. IoT technology is widely used in buildings and homes or industrial plants.
Application Areas of IoT Building AutomationSystems
IoT building automation systems address a wide range of areas:
- smart home appliances
- smart switches
- smart locks
- lighting systems management
- garden management
Iot building automation applications such as humidity sensors, sound detection systems, video camera recording systems can be seen in buildings.
One of the main goals frequently encountered in smart building applications is to achieve energy efficiency and to provide heat and lighting comfort. Examples of features that use IoT in intelligent building applications that aim to use energy efficiently:
- Providing illumination by automatically adjusting the lights in the spaces according to daylight,
- Window and ventilation systems that can be controlled by control or operate automatically,
- Temperature and humidity measuring devices and indoor temperature and humidity control systems,
- Use of panels used in façade cladding and electrical energy generating systems,
- Irrigation systems at specified times thanks to time relay.
Why IoT Building Management is More Important Nowadays?
IoT can simplify processes in areas such as job security, asset optimization and user security in all processes from the construction phase of a building to the residential area. It can give warnings by pointing out the problems that are difficult to detect with traditional methods. On the other hand, increasing energy efficiency and security in buildings provides advantages such as sustainability.
In today’s world, it is aimed to achieve high efficiency with low cost in a short time and IoT is gaining importance due to its contributions in this sense.
Smart building IoT applications Shed Light on Innovation
IoT has significant potential for the rapid availability of data. This forces companies to transform and take innovative steps in almost every sector in the world. Taking advantage of what IoT applications offer affects the strategic goals of most companies.
Especially in a competitive sector such as construction, it is very important to ensure that the final deliveries and targets are met on time. Executives need time to deliver innovative ideas to ensure project delivery and customer satisfaction. IoT applications give people more time for innovative ideas.
IoT Applications in Building & Houses: Sound Detection
Sensors are used to detect sound. Sound sensors detect sound power in the environment. These sensors use a simple microphone and volume converter chips and they can provide digital and analog outputs.
Sound detection recognizes the sound of your pets and doors are opened automatically or you can follow your babies in the easiest way instantly…
Smart Security and Surveillance
The security and surveillance industry is developing day by day. Live video surveillance and other remote security measures are widely preferred by organizations seeking to protect assets and buildings. The Internet of Things provides organizations with real-time security and surveillance support to help create safer cities, homes and industrial facilities:
- A facility can be monitored continuously and surveillance devices can be remotely controlled.
- The wisest measures to be taken in a real-time crisis can be optimized.
- In case of a false alarm, you can remotely control the place without having to physically check the location.
- You can continuously collect and analyze data to make improvements to security processes.
Air Quality Control by IoT Building Automation
Recently, indoor air quality has attracted the attention of policymakers at least as much as outdoor air quality. People spend more time indoors than outdoors. Many machines used indoors emit particles or gases harmful to human health. It is possible to indoor air quality control by IoT building automation based monitoring systems.
Air pollution monitoring devices can alert when the concentration of pollutants in the environment exceeds a predetermined threshold for indoor air quality. Indoor air quality monitoring is carried out to assess the degree of pollution, to ensure compliance with national or local legislation, and to model air quality.
This is much more critical, especially in facilities with chemicals. The main objective here is the safety of human health. Businesses are increasingly investing in air quality equipment. IoT-based monitoring systems also provide a significant advantage to businesses by making instant control of concentrations.
IoT Building Automation Systems Offer Lighting Solutions
According to research, people spend 90 percent of their lives in buildings; this striking result reveals the importance of indoor lighting, especially in the workplace.
- Wherever you are in the world, you can turn on and off the lights in your home from your mobile phone or tablet, or you can achieve the effect you want with hundreds of color options.
- Thanks to the internet of things, you can save money with LED lamps.
- Each lighting fixture can communicate with each other to ensure energy savings, efficiency and easy control of the applied system.
- One of the most important pluses is the easy installation. The wiring process is out of date.
Plant Automation System
The use of IoT in the plant automation system provides important advantages for companies in the industry. IoT helps develop new technologies to solve industrial plant problems, increase productivity and optimize costs. The effect of the ”Internet of Things” on plant control and automation systems is quite high.
- Factory-wide data exchange
- Remote data access
- Analysis of data from heterogeneous sources
- Digitalization of production systems
- More reliable business processes with maximum performance and minimum cost
- Highly flexible automation systems
- Optimum use of available resources
Organizations can systematically analyze and network large amounts of data to increase production efficiency and target customers more effectively. Companies can discover new products, business models and distribution channels. They can optimize asset use or add new services and revenue streams.
- For individual machines, Industrial IoT means closed-loop control in real-time. This gives you immediate feedback on plant performance by applying the latest software technology in facilities, opening up completely new possibilities for analytics and control.
- Plant automation systems connect intelligent machines and provide central data collection for each module in the production line.
Building & Plant Automation application Iot companies
Iot building automationapplications such as humidity sensors, sound detection systems, video camera recording systems can be seen in buildings.