The world is in constant change due to the developing technology in the last couple of decades. We are now leading towards a more digital world in which human labor is being replaced by machines. Even there are discussions on how positive or negative development it is, we can easily conclude that it will have good results at least for some areas. One of them is the mining industry. The mining industry is obviously against human health and causes numerous accidents that lead to the mass loss of human life. Usage of IoT in mining industry proves that developing technology has a positive result in some aspects of our lives. By this development, many mining companies do use IoT for mining researched which is more beneficial in every aspect from environment-friendly to human life-friendly and time efficiency. All these advantages of using IoT in mining increase the number of companies which use IoT devices to detect the mines or extracting them.
What is IoT?
IoT, named as the Internet of Things, is a term which refers to the system of vehicles, devices, tools and mechanism that work in collaboration with each other through the internet, without necessitating the interference from humans. Thus, IoT devices are autonomous devices that functions automatically without any manual motivation led by human and interact with other devices to work more efficiently. This term is first used by Kevin Ashton in 1999, in a time that thinking of life like today’s world was unimaginable. These devices have become very common since they were established. Therefore, we are now living in a world where we can solve most problems via digital channels. Usage of IoT in the mining industry is not the only area of usage for IoT. Actually, they are relatively in the usage of mining.
How IoT is Used in Mining& Exploration
As mentioned above, the IoT devices that are connected to each other have also very special skills that can be used in the mining industry. They can share data through the same network, they can analyze these data can create ideas to solve the problems. Also, they have a self- check mechanism that they check the solutions they present to the customers. With regard to this, we can say that most people believe “the machines are not trustable” argument loses its efficiency These industrial companies both save many lives by reducing their manpower for the mine exploration and mine extraction. This is beneficial for the mine companies in two ways; the first way is that they will reduce their human labor power and transited that power to machines that do all do job without any human interference. Another beneficial part of the usage of IoT for the industry is that these machines are more efficient than human.
The Advantages of IoT Usage in Mining
It is mentioned that IoT technology is both beneficial to the mining industry and workers of the mining industry. Here are the four advantages of the usage of IoT in the mining industry.
- Since these IoT devices are very fast and are in coordination with each other and cooperate with each other, they can analyze the work better than humans do and definitely provides a solution much faster compared to human labor. They are both fast and more efficient planners than humans.
- Mining industry is already notorious because of the deadly accidents and the inequalities which were made to the labors. Thus, the mining companies were mostly criticized by their mistakes that causes the worker’s lives. This is another advantage of using IoT for the mining process. This will reduce the bad working worker’s schedule and will create a feeling of equality due to IoT devices. These safe operations guarantee that the loss of life will be a lot less than the current time as the IoT technology spreads to the world. IoT devices can understand if there is a potential of danger in the land via its sensors and take action according to it.
- Another problem is the break of the equipment. When the equipment gets damaged due to corrosion, it may not be felt normally until it is broken. But the break of equipment may cause severe consequences mostly economic, sometimes accidents. But
- can control all their equipment all the time, so they can understand from computes which equipment is risky or damaged and the chance of accidents would be prevented.
- Overall, IoT in mining is advantageous because it is efficiency friendly, it is environment-friendly, it is economic friendly, and It is worker-friendly.
The IoT Mining Companies
There are numerous mining companies that began to use the IoT for data mining process, in the process of extracting mines and other various phases of mining. For the exploration of IoT companies, follow the below;
The 2008 founded company began to use IoT in mining operations and their productivity rises significantly compared to the years before. They also began to harm the environment less with their IoT in data mining.
This company also began to use IoT in mining projects and they also increase their productivity rate because IoT devices detect the products in the mines in a more smart and faster way.
Rio Tinto is one a giant mining company with its boosting productivity due to IoT. They began to use the IoT in the mining industry in Australia and they also saw the benefits of IoT data mining.
The Usage of IoT Devices in the Mining Industry
As it is mentioned above, mining IoT companies are moving through the digital way to increase their efficiency and also to harmless damage to the environment, workers. The mining industry seems for now as a winner of technology development. Mining IoT companies use this technology not only for their short term profit but also as a way to maintain their mining activities because we are facing now global warming which probably may push mining companies to stop their operations due to the harms they give to the environment to extract the mines.
Mining& Exploration Application in IoT Companies
Explore IoT companies for data mining and monitoring industry. These applications are used in data mining processes.