Imagine that you can quickly and easily review and repeat IoT strategies directly from the Salesforce platform to quickly fix solutions and connect directly to CRM data. Salesforce has a solution that makes this possible. With Salesforce IoT Strategy, businesses can use IoT to actively serve customers and attract attention. An easy-to-access, wireless and intuitive click tool is added directly to the Salesforce Iot platform.
Let’s start with an overview of Salesforce architecture
- Each salesforce user for Salesforce Iot has a user name linked to a specific “tenant”. The tenant is an organization like the company. The organization varies from one user to tens of thousands of users.
- A characteristic of a business cloud that differs from the consumer cloud is that it is separated by tenants. Effective distinction is the key to scalability.
- And this cloud is the only code-based production service.
- One version of the software runs in the cloud. There are only 8 DBA database administrators.
Let’s look at physical architecture
We explained that Salesforce users belong to an organization. The organization is assigned to any instance. This example is the collection of hardware and software that make up the cloud.
“Examples” are a number of volumes that include a database, an application server, a load balancer, storage, an object store, content management, and the like. These examples are called “Pods”.
The pod is used as the basic way to scale the cloud.
However, this alone is not effective, so the next step is “division.. You can divide an existing capsule into two or more new compartments. Migrating individual tenants is the third option for scaling. This is the case, for example, when a large company brings sales force to a department and then expands the entire company. In this case, it may slide into a larger capacity compartment.
Salesforce IoT is built directly into the Salesforce Platform, so you can easily apply the entire customer relationship context to business decisions and actions to be implemented. By connecting this customer context and device, Salesforce IoT changes its sales, service and marketing efforts.
Let’s take a look at access works and how it works:
How Does Salesforce IoT Works?
For just-in time solutions, all solution steps from the server to the code database must be created by the IT department. Requires precise control over hardware, software, infrastructure and network. However, this is costly, time-consuming and intensive. Updates are difficult to manage, and it’s not always easy to move technology as your business needs change.
Access to Salesforce IoT and using Salesforce IoT cloud is very easy. You can find Salesforce IoT by typing “IoT” in the Quick Search box on the Settings menu. You have everything you need to build your first IoT solution.
Salesforce IoT includes a sophisticated machine that you learn in the “IoT Basics” module. Salesforce IoT strategy is creating content that defines which Salesforce objects and platform events can feed data to a management. A current Salesforce IoT orchestration engine uses these event messages, including organizational data to trigger relevant proactive service opportunities and appropriate actions to create opportunities for excellent experiences for customers.
What is the Benefits of Salesforce IoT Architecture?
Salesforce IoT is a product developed to carry out customer experiences and has the following features:
- Easily connect all data to CRM: Seamlessly connect data to Salesforce from individual devices, sensors, websites, and interactions with customer content data to get a more complete profile of your customers.
- Innovate easily with IoT: Achieve fast and sustainable innovation by enabling business users to use codeless, intuitive click tools to deliver an IoT-driven customer experience for days, not months.
- Interact with your customers: Identify important events from large amounts of data and automate triggering from real-time production to core Salesforce clouds and third-party services to transform data into actions.
Opportunities and Limitations of Salesforce IoT Architecture
Salesforce Iot Cloud and other Salesforce Iot app customers can use the Salesforce Platform to customize features on each device and each employee’s app. You can also use the social collaboration platform Chatter. With Chatter, you can securely share files and collaborate among corporate employees, get advice on specific expertise, and create workgroups with external vendors and customers.
- In addition, the platform allows you to quickly build applications.
- Helps employees in your organization collaborate and automate business processes across the organization or across departments.
- All applications created on Salesforce Platform are 100% cloud based and can be used in mobile environments by adopting integrated data model.
- No server search or provisioning is required, security features are built in and analysis and reporting is already set up.
- The Salesforce IoT Platform shared data model blocks data silos so you can access your data from anywhere using any device.
The advantages of Salesforce IoT Architecture Platform offer the user the opportunity to transform in many areas. But there are some limitations that you may encounter during the implementation of Salesforce.
Salesforce IoT Architecture is useful but “Shadow IT” is one of the problems. Because the IoT cloud environment is extremely convenient, it is possible to access data from a personal smartphone or PC outside the company. However, if the important information of the suppliers and contacts held by Salesforce IoT Strategy is used everywhere, the risk of information security increases for the company.
Therefore, it is important to restrict access to Salesforce. It is important to control access on a device-by-device basis. Salesforce has a function that allows you to log on to a set of originally trusted IP addresses and adjusts the access level using role hierarchy and share settings.
However, if it is limited to an IP address, there may be a problem that external salespeople cannot access from outside the company, or flexible information sharing may not be possible if sharing settings are reserved only by the access authority. Then, “verifycloud” tool can solve the problem.
Major limitations of Salesforce IoT Architecture is given below:
- Security Issues
The use of big data’s provides to access every data easily. However, this requires the protection of big data’s at the same time and increases the obligation to protect the data.
- Concerns about the protection of personal data
You may be concerned about the collection of your personal data. This makes you think you are unprotected. Users are requested to consent to the use of personal data.
- Limitation of access privileges
With a low-code approach, Salesforce enables a wide range of business users to create their own customized applications using pre-configured items. Occassionally, this application can be inadequate. Therefore, users need more authority and access to applications that can meet their business needs and developments.